none
Will Small Basic 1.0 use .Net 4? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Sorry, I know this is late: it uses .Net 3.5 SP1 still.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:17 PM
    Answerer
  • I am certain that the OP knows this since he is the author of the Data Extension.

It comes from a time when there was no MS participation in this forum - perhaps now there is, the question as to whether the next version of SmallBasic will be .Net 3.5, 4.0 or even 4.5 is relevant.

Its great to go back through old posts and try to clean up answers, but there is a clutter effect of ancient questions that don't add anything or are obviously years out of date.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:37 PM
  • I am certain that the OP knows this since he is the author of the Data Extension.

It comes from a time when there was no MS participation in this forum - perhaps now there is, the question as to whether the next version of SmallBasic will be .Net 3.5, 4.0 or even 4.5 is relevant.

Its great to go back through old posts and try to clean up answers, but there is a clutter effect of ancient questions that don't add anything or are obviously years out of date.

I agree with you, Litdev. Is there a way to reply to old posts but keep them at their position in the queue of posts (i.e. so they do not appear at the top)?

Thanks!

Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:32 PM
    Answerer
  • No I don't think so - sometimes I edit a post which doesn't bring it to the top of the post queue if it is a minor correction.

Basically it should go to the top of the queue if a new post is made - it just seems a bit pointless resurrecting some categories of ancient unanswered posts like this, for example:

Post a reply to a 2 year old message asking when version 1.0 will be out (no answer because only MS could answer and there are multiple similar posts stating this) answering that it is now out, when we know the OP has made loads of posts about version 1.0 since it has been released.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:51 PM
  • OK, thanks. I understand and agree with your point. I just wish we could reply to old posts and get our answered:unanswered ratio up to 1:0. That would be nice, but is impractical since it makes so much clutter.

Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:57 PM
    Answerer