Visual Studio Express Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I have registered for Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition, for my personal use. and was provided a registration key. Now can i later upgrade to 2010 Express edition for free too ?
    do i have to use the same registration key ? or do i again register for 2010 Express edition (using same email id).
    • Moved by Rob Pan Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:45 AM (From:Visual C++ Express Edition)
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi nafees.live

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

You can upgarde to 2010 Express for free. But you need to register for 2010 Express edition again(Also, you can use the same email as Visual Stdio 2008).

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:18 AM

All replies

• As far as i know, there is no upgrade from Express Edition 2008 to Express Edition 2010. You simply download VC++ 2010 Express and register it within 30 days with new registration key.  

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I will move your thread to the correct forum for better support.Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regads,
    Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]

Thursday, February 9, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Hi nafees.live

You can upgarde to 2010 Express for free. But you need to register for 2010 Express edition again(Also, you can use the same email as Visual Stdio 2008).

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:18 AM
  • Hi nafees.live

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]

By "upgrade" in this case do you mean downloading and installing VC++ 2010 Express? Because i don't know about any link to upgrade installed VC++ 2008 Express to VC++2010 Express.
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Hi Sergey Chepurin,

Yes. I mean he can download a new copy of VC++ Express 2010 and install it. In this case, I think OP want to konw if he can use VS2010 Express for free.

"i don't know about any link to upgrade installed VC++ 2008 Express to VC++2010 Express."

For this, I agree with you.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]

Friday, February 10, 2012 8:13 AM
  • Hey can u please give me the serial key for visual studio express edition 2008
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:41 PM