React JS and VS SPA template RRS feed

• Question

• User-940480420 posted

I've looked into what VS 2013 provides as a SPA template.

I'm not experienced with knockout, but it looks fine to me from the js perspective. I could use it. AngulatJS, as we all know, I hope, can't deliver high performance applications, so it's off the table.

Back to the point I'm trying to make, it seems that every other ecosystem has done something to include React JS (& Flux as an UI architecture model) in their offering. But not you.

It's true that a start has been made, planning a new Web Essentials feature: http://webessentials.uservoice.com/forums/140520-general/suggestions/4935998-add-reactjs-jsx-support. But we also need a SPA template and the JSX integrated compiler more like Typescript is using.

Are you guys going to fix that with the upcoming vnext? :)

Thanks

Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:51 AM

Answers

• User-1620313041 posted

react.js may be the v of an mvc pattern, but as it is, it doesnt imply any specific SPA architecture. Thus you have to choose or implement a specific SPA implementaion based on React.js(There is non standard one). Then you may add a WebApi project to it.
    <br>
    You may hope in React.js support in Visual Studio, but, in my opinion, just third parties Visual Studio SPA templates based on React.js will appear.<br>
    Look also for Yeoman templates they are easy to use in visual studio.<br>
    For the Jsx compiler look for integrating node.js tooling in visual studio. Microsoft is investing mainly in TypeScript, so the probability of having integrate jsx tooling, in my opinion is not very high.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:05 AM