I Can't Create BizTalk Project By Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Welcome,

First I have created a biztalk development server also i already installed visual studio 2015 on separate machine on my PC where 

i will develop the biztalk projects and deploy them on development server.

but now i can't create biztalk project by visual studio. what do i need to do this ? any update for visual studio or what?

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:37 AM

All replies

• if you want to have BizTalk Template in your visual Studio, you need to Have the Development tools installed on it.

Run your BizTalk Installation in visual studio Server and Select only Developer tools and SDK. This will give the Project Template in your visual studio.

Sujith

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 12:22 PM
  • Well, here's the deal, you don't really want to do this, using a separate DEV server.  And in many cases, you can't.

Primarily because Visual Studio Deploy only works locally.

The 'correct' way to do this is in stall the entire BizTalk stack, SQL Server, BizTalk Server, Visual Studio on you development instance.

The instance is Windows and it can be you local machine, a local VS (preferred over installing directly onto you client OS), or a remote VM running on-prem, Azure, or anywhere else.

Meaning, if you want just use the resources you have, install BizTalk Server and Visual Studio on the DEV VM and do you BizTalk work there through RDP.

Friday, December 14, 2018 3:33 PM
  • Yes, as Sujith suggested you need to run the BizTalk installation on you pc and install the development tools. Also to use visual studio 2015, make sure you setup BizTalk 2016, as BizTalk 2013 and earlier versions won't work with visual studio 2015. Keep in mind also what Johns-305 said, that if you don't have a complete BizTalk installation on you machine you won't be able to run your applications on your machine (there is no run option from visual studio like web applications).

You will have two options in this case:

1. Take the project build output (dll) and deploy it manually on the DEV server.

2. Have your PC and DEV server on the same domain and make sure your account has permissions on the BizTalk Database to be able to deploy the application directly from Visual Studio on to the server.

Or just install BizTalk on your machine to test your work and then export your application and deploy it to the DEV server, which is usually the way to go for most developers.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 8:30 PM