Run Xamarin.iOS project on Mac RRS feed

• Question

• User392311 posted

Hi,

I have a Xamarin.iOS project which I have loaded on a hosted Mac environment where I want to debug my app. I recently tried to Pair to Mac with Visual Studio and that worked. However since then me and the Mac hoster has a Xamarin SDK mismatch. (which I cannot fix since I cannot update it myself on the hosting environment, and not downgrade on my PC, or can I use an older version somehow on my PC?).

So I thought of debugging the Xamarin.iOS project directly on the hosted Mac. So I login to the Mac and load my solution. There are no errors (from what I can see). But I cannot click the Start Debugging (run in simulator). The project builds without any errors.

What do I need to do to be able to run the project from Visual Studio on Mac?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:52 PM

Answers

• User74 posted

Your screenshot looks like it’s set to Generic Device. You need to set build config to debug and simulator, then you’ll be able to select a specific device to simulate.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:37 PM

All replies

• User74 posted

Have you selected the correct startup project?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:28 PM
  • User392311 posted

@JohnH

Yes I have set it as Startup project. I have also just in case unloaded all other projects except my Xamarin.iOS project and the shared Xamarin class project.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:32 PM
  • User74 posted

Your screenshot looks like it’s set to Generic Device. You need to set build config to debug and simulator, then you’ll be able to select a specific device to simulate.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:37 PM
  • User392311 posted

@JohnH Thanks for the reply!

Where would I set that properly?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:55 PM
  • User392311 posted

Managed to set it and get it enabled. Thank you @JohnH

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 6:26 PM