Customised Form - Hide certain fields depending on a drop down (SPS 2003) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am a complete SharePoint and Javascript novice and I know there are a few threads out there detailing how to do this, however I have not yet managed to get it to work for me.

I have a form based on a custom list.  I have added in a custom list form and hidden the default form web part.

I have a number of fields in the list that I do not want the user raining a case to see so need to hide these.  I have found some code to do this so that part is done.

The next issue I have is that dependant on which option is selected from a drop down (Escalation Type) I need to show only certian fileds.

In my mind I would like the form to load with only the drop down showing and then when they choose their escalation type the relevant fields a visible.

I think my main problem is when I find code on these threads I never quite know where to put it :)

I am using SharePoint Designer 2007 and SharePoint 2003.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Dan

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 29, 2011 10:47 AM (SPS 2003) added to Title. When asking about anything before SP 2007 always say so in the title
    Friday, July 29, 2011 10:31 AM

Answers

All replies