Mouse and keyboard shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about the keyboard and mouse,
    is it able to block input from the keyboard and mouse with a visual basic code?
    (no typing or clicking etc)

if it works please post the code. 

I'm looking forward to receiving your reply.

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:09 AM

Answers

• If you want to 'lock' the computer, you'd probably activate the screensaver or use any built-in operating system methods. While it may be possible to do what you want, it cannot be done natively through .NET. In addition, you wouldn't want to.
    Stephen J Whiteley
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:54 AM

All replies

• use this code when you want to lock them.

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000)

Also you can make it better with using a timer to take a password to unlock them.

• Proposed as answer by Rahul_Kr Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:05 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Thank you for youre reply,

But isn't the code used to let the computer sleep?

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:07 AM
  • Hi GreatYami,

To understand the code proposed by Görsel, check the following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d00bd51t%28v=vs.80%29.aspx

You should be more specific, do you want to block mouse & keyboard inputs in your application ? in a control ? other ? what exactly is your goal, since blocking user action is not very recommended.

Have a nice day :)

N'hésitez pas à poser des questions si un problème subsiste ou quelque chose n'est pas clair. Dans l'autre cas, veuillez indiquer que le problème est résolu. Cordialement - Best Regards. Contact
    Monday, September 19, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Hello Michel K,

thank you for the link,

I want a button when clicked it blocks the input from mouse as wel from the keyboard.
    My general goal is understanding the code, and i am making an application for my friend so that he can lock the computer at night.

but is it also possible to make it unlock when you press a shorcut (customized) such as ALT + 9

Have a nice day too :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:30 AM
  • If you want to 'lock' the computer, you'd probably activate the screensaver or use any built-in operating system methods. While it may be possible to do what you want, it cannot be done natively through .NET. In addition, you wouldn't want to.
    Stephen J Whiteley
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:54 AM
  • okay,

thank you SJWhiteley for your reply.
    I have enough info now to go on with the project :)

Have a nice day ^.^

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:33 PM