none
how to get data from a Hid device through different Endpoint? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

currently i am able to receive data from a Hid device with the function - ReadFile.

but my colleague ask me to receive data from different Endpoints. Since different Endpoints from different type of data.

is there any Hid Data Movement interface that able to specify the endpoints?

thanks.

Monday, June 5, 2017 10:31 AM

Answers

• No. The class spec defined the endpoints (and they are fixed). The hid apis are transport agnostic(Bluetooth hid doesn't have endpoints). Are they endpoints on the same interface?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:51 PM

All replies

• No. The class spec defined the endpoints (and they are fixed). The hid apis are transport agnostic(Bluetooth hid doesn't have endpoints). Are they endpoints on the same interface?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:51 PM
  • you mean distinguish different data source with different input index for function - SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces()?

yes, currently i insert one hid device. there are four device interfaces, which matches the design VID PID, been found.

i guess that is what my colleague means "different endpoints".  

thanks 

Thursday, June 8, 2017 1:40 AM
  • you mean distinguish different data source with different input index for function -SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces()?

No, these are different kind of interfaces. It's likely you need different functions of a composite device (IDs end with MI) or HID devices - their ID begins with HID\ .

-- pa

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:48 PM
  • what device class are these other endpoints installed under? if you look in device manager and view by connection, I assume you mean your HID's peers. What classes are these peers in?

Friday, June 9, 2017 7:34 PM