none
Two Domains authentication for users in Active directory RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am not a developer so I will explain the issue in simple words. The application developed in .NET and its a web based application. The application at client place working fine. The application authentication happens at two levels 1. users and 2. Groups.

Previously there is only one domain on which both users and groups get authenticated. The users are on active directory but now what client is having two domains i.e. domain A & domain B, users are on Domain A and groups are on Domain B. on the first page when the user tries to login it gives authentication fails.

What we have to do to resolve this issue specially at code level. Please someone help me. I am new here so dont know on which group i should put this question so if this is not the correct forum then let me know where to put.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• You are using an invalid accout/password for the domain.  An MIS person who configurared the domain should be able to tell you what accounts are valid on the domain.  A group policy may need to be changed to give you access to the server.  I would first try to access the application using a IE webbrowser and get the IE working before you start to troubleshoot your application.

jdweng

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:51 PM