HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error RRS feed

• Question

• User944339287 posted

Hi guys, I have received the following error msg while i deploy my web application in web server.

* it's working fine when i running in localhost. pls advice. TQ

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid error.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• User2019981500 posted

MSDN SUPPORT  FOR SUCH ERROR

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webtopics/archive/2010/03/08/troubleshooting-http-500-19-errors-in-iis-7.aspx

Solution:

Grant Read permission to the IIS_IUSRS group for the ApplicationHost.config file or for the Web.config file indicated in the error message. Even if there is no config file at that location, the worker process identity (and/or the IIS_IUSRS group) needs at least Read access to the directory so that it can check for a web.config file in that directory.  If it’s a UNC share, you need to either run your app-pool as an account that has sufficient permission to the UNC share or configure the virtual directory with a user that has sufficient permission to the share.

If you still see the issue, run the Process Monitor tool, reproduce the error and look for “Access Denied” in the “Result” column. You can then configure the required permissions accordingly.

Other Related Articles: 
    Troubleshooting HTTP 401.3 errors (Access denied) with Process Monitor

Troubleshooting common permissions and security-related issues in ASP.NET

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:22 AM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi kengkit,

Based on the error message, please kindly try to grant full permission. Hope it will solve your problem.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:14 AM
  • User-801004448 posted

Is the website created by Plesk control panel?

Log in server remote desktop and check which user account is used by website & application pool and add permission for the user on htdocs folder.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:08 AM