signalr.min.js.map RRS feed

• Question

• User-1947665405 posted

Hi
    Should signalr.min.js.map be deployed to production, from what I understand map files are not needed in production

but from ApplicationInsights I constantly can see that something is requesting signalr.min.js.map :( (while no other map files are requested)
    Is it missconfiguration in Azure deployment or something else? 

it is hosted in .net 2.1

the link to js file
    https://app.kongen.club/js/signalr.min.js

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:40 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi Armen.Kirakosyan,

Should signalr.min.js.map be deployed to production, from what I understand map files are not needed in production

Generally we would minify and Javascript (or CSS) when deploying to production. Source maps create a map from these compressed files back to the original source files, which make debug and view the source code of the compressed assets easier.

If you just want to host your SignalR JavaScript client application on your web server, the signalr.min.js.map is not required.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:29 AM
  • User-1947665405 posted

HI
    Yes, thats what I am also trying to say, map file is not required in production, why signalR is trying to access it? 
    Angular 6 and SignalR mix. 

I am not debuging but something is trying to access map file, I want to prevent it but dont see how.
    No other map files are requested.

Saturday, April 6, 2019 1:56 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Armen.Kirakosyan,

You can create an issue to report the problem on GitHub.

https://github.com/SignalR/SignalR/issues 

Besides, you can try to include signalr.js file and exclude signalr.js.map from your project while deploying your project to Azure web app, your SignalR JavaScript client application should still work on Azure without signalr.js.map.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, April 8, 2019 7:29 AM