How do I make a drop-down menu as a page "navigator" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

this is a bit of a piggyback on the following thread: http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?forum=blend

However, I am looking to do something a bit more specific:

1. I want a drop down menu on a page, from which there are three options: Home, Forums, Blog.
    2. Next to the drop down menu, there is a button which sends a person to either home, forums or blog depending on which is "selected" from the drop down menu.

I understand how to create the drop down and how to make items selectable. I also know (obviously) how to link a button to another page. I dont know how to make that button go to different page depending on what has been selected on the menu.

Anyone have an easy way to do this?

Thanks,
    joey
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 10:45 PM

All replies

• ok, so far here's what I have done:

I created a drop-down menu and made it into a control. I made each combo-item into an item that can navigate to a particular screen. it kinda works, but you never really see what you select...I want the selection to be paused for a moment on screen before launching the the next screen

Thursday, February 4, 2010 4:13 PM
  • Bumping my thread to see if anyone has solved this problem. Im surprised someone hasnt already tried this.

All I want to do is to get a button to use a particular state if one of the items in a dropdown is selected...
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:50 PM
  • Here is how I have done this in the past.  It really doesn't matter if you use a drop down menu or something else with a button in it.

Basically I have created a button that launches a new storyboard that brings the content screen front and center to the user.  When you click another button, you have another storyboard action that closes the open content window and at the same time another storyboard action that fires the appropriate content screen for the new button clicked.

Check out my template and see if this is sort of what you are looking for.  The layout may be different but I think the concept is the same.  Let me know

http://www.wetinkpro.com/silverlight/webtemp.html

If this helps, mark as answer please.

-zac
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:50 PM