none
whay i am receiving 'Library is not registered' error prompted when initializing powerpoint application. this is happening after change office version from 2013 to 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am receiving library is not registered error. initially I had Office 2013 . With office 2013 I am able to work with powerpoint application code. then I uninstalled office 2013 after that installed Office 2010. With Office 2010 I am getting error. the below is the code.

Private m_AppPP As Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Application
    Private m_objDestination As Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Application

If m_AppPP Is Nothing Then m_AppPP = New Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Application
      m_AppPP.Visible = Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoTrue      //error thrown in this line
      m_objDestination = m_AppPP.Presentations.Add

I am getting error after changing environment from 2013 to 2010.

same code is working fine in other Office 2010 PC.

Is their any workaround available or Is their any case opened already or fix available?

Kindly help what action I need to take.

thanks in advance.

prince rajan

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Prince,

It looks like this is an installation issue.

From my understanding, there might be something not removing while unstalling Office 2013 and it caused Office 2010 PIA cound not be installed successfully.

Here is a KB for Office 2003:

PRB: PIA Is Not Found When You Reference an Office Type Library in Visual Studio .NET

You could use the similar way to check the registry entry in the GAC.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Most probably you need to change the PIAs, use ones that correspond to Office 2010, not Office 2013.

• On the Project menu, click Add Reference.
    • On the COM tab, locate the Microsoft PowerPoint Object Library, and then click Select.
    • Click OK in the Add References dialog box to accept your selections.

Don't forget to remove existing references before adding new ones.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

I have changed reference , Even though i am getting error 'Library is not registered'. 

Original error message is below,

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{91493442-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}' failed due to the following error:Library is not Registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).
      Source=Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint

prince rajan

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:45 AM
  • Hello,

Do you have the Click2Run edition of Office 2010 installed on the PC?

If so, please take a look at the Office 2010 Click-to-Run compatibility with add-ins article which states the following:

Out-of-process add-ins/applications are stand-alone programs, scripts, or applications that use Office object model APIs to start functionality in the application and integrate with Office. In this case, the out-of-process application drives Office. Out-of-process applications are not supported in Click-to-Run.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:31 PM
  • You can read more about the Click-to-Run technology in the An overview of Microsoft Office Click-to-Run for Office 2010 article.
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

Click2Run  is not installed in my PC.

prince rajan

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Try repairing Office 2010.
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:36 PM
  • Hi rajan

Along with Eugene's advice about repairing the Office 2010 installation:

You need to make sure that the PIAs you're referencing are installed in the GAC. Make sure you set your references through the COM tab and not the .NET tab in Visual Studio.

If you continue to have problems: which version of Visual Studio are you using?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:47 PM
  • vs2005

prince rajan

Friday, April 25, 2014 6:32 PM
  • When you changed the Reference, did you also change the Reference to the OFFICE library (and not just to the PowerPoint library)? The error message you're getting is on a line of code that references the OFFICE core object model...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

I have checked  reference in my project every thing is good its(powerpoint and Office) pointing Office 14 libraries.

Its looking like related to registry issue. Is their any case raised related to this ?

Thanks,

prince rajan

Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Hi Prince,

It looks like this is an installation issue.

From my understanding, there might be something not removing while unstalling Office 2013 and it caused Office 2010 PIA cound not be installed successfully.

Here is a KB for Office 2003:

PRB: PIA Is Not Found When You Reference an Office Type Library in Visual Studio .NET

You could use the similar way to check the registry entry in the GAC.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:22 AM