none
Dot Net compatibility issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application called ACSR it only runs when Dot Net Framework Version 4.6 is installed. In the same computer I have a website (webapplication) that requires Dot Net Version less than 4.0. So when I upgrade it to Dot Net 4.6 the web app doesn't work 

and when on version 4.0 ACSR doesn't work.

Is there a way to have both the application work?

Windows 7 32 bit

IE11

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi ITIrfan,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question, the .NET Framework which is lower that 4.0 could be compatible with .NET Framework 4.6 on the same machine.

Since your OS is Win7, please also Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Then install .NET Framework 4 and .NET Framework 4.6 one by one.

If there is any problem about installing both of them, please feel free to let me know, I'm willing to helping you troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Hi falcon0218,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you installed the different .Net Framework version successfully?

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi ITIrfan,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved this problem successfully? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 16, 2016 6:42 AM