Deploy problem

Question

• I built a paid windows 8 app with one week trial and succesfully published it. To test the app i downloaded the trial from the app store. After one week the trial expired and naturally i cannot use the app anymore. So far no problem.

But I cannot deploy the application anymore from visual studio. I get the following error.

"Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. Another user has already installed a packaged version of this app. An unpackaged version cannot replace this. The conflicting package is ....."

Removing the application doesn't solve the issue.

How can I solve this problem?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi umitb,

Could you please verify that the app is not installed by other users?

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:31 AM
  • I am the only user using the pc and the app is not installed. From store around 300 people installed the app.

Regards

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Hi umitb,

Thank you for the update.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Hi umitb,

Try this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13865930/how-to-uninstall-an-app-that-another-user-installed

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:08 AM