none
Excel 2010/2016 Side by Side RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our program can run on either Excel2010 or Excel2016. Sometimes we need to switch different Excel versions, because the program creates excel.application with the default Excel version.

Excel2010/2016 can be installed on same PC and work side by side, so I wonder whether there is a manipulation in registry keys to switch the default excel version, because the office repairing takes such a long time and need reboot. I compared the files befor/after the repairing, not many files changed, however there are huge registry key changes. How to find the lightest registry changes which can be done via a script?

Thanks in advanced.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

To find the lightest registry changes, i suggest you post on Excel IT Pro Discussions forum as it is not a development issue. In my opinion, you need edit the registry entries as the compare result and i doubt whether it could switch to anther version after you change registry entries.

It is not recommended to install multiple Office versions on one machine and the program should work fine for Office 2010 and 2016 if you do not use new feature. Why do you want to switch versions? 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 2:47 AM