none
Query Rules Search Center SharePoint 2013

Question

• Dear All,

I wanna customize search result in Enterprise Search Center SharePoint 2013 with specific code number and word.

For example with (code number),

I have code number 201801250001 format (2018 is year + 0125 is my code + 0001 is running number), when i search 01250001 format (0125 = my code + 0001 = running number) without (2018 = year), search result says "Nothing here matches your search".

For example with (word),

I have a word Test123 (Item name), when i search t123 without Tes, search result says "Nothing here matches your search".

Solutions?

Thanks,

Fahru

Friday, February 09, 2018 4:31 AM

All replies

• I think you want that is not search, you wanner query in sharepoint content.

You can develop it by sharepoint csom api as you want.

And you can customize display page easily.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Friday, February 09, 2018 5:14 AM
  • Hey

I don't think you can achieve this by default SP search.

Justin Liu Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Friday, February 09, 2018 7:35 AM
  • Hi Linyus,

Normal case,

when i search/put this word "Test123" in search-box and all about this word "Test123" displayed in page result.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case,

I search/put word "t123" in search-box, actually the full word is "Test123" and i receive the result is "Nothing here matches your search". I wanna make it display in page result all about this word "Test123", although using this word "t123" in search-box. 

Thanks,

Fahru

Friday, February 09, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi Fahru- you need to put an asterisk at the end of your search term to get wildcard results.

Example: t123*

cameron rautmann

Friday, February 09, 2018 2:00 PM
  • Hi Fahru- you need to put an asterisk at the end of your search term to get wildcard results.

Example: t123*

cameron rautmann

Hi Rautmann,

Please see this image below:

for full word

full word

and here's for partly with wildcard

wildcard 1

wildcard 2

any solutions?

Thanks,

Fahru