Netflix and Silverlight problem with Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old Dell laptop with Windows XP. I recently installed Silverlight 5, then I could not stream movies from Netflix anymore. I uninstalled Silverlight 5 and downloaded and installed Silverlight 4 (4.0.60831.0) because according to the Silverlight website, XP is only compatable with version 4.0. After restating my computer, I still cannot stream movies on Netflix and I get Error code: 2105. I use Mozilla and when I click on the plug-in icon in the corner, it says that Silverlight is enabled. How do I fix this problem? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight a bunch of times, I have used the Microsoft 'fix-it' Wizards, and I have restarted my computer four times. Nothing has helped. If I need to reinstall Silverlight 4.0, could someone please point me to a safe website?
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Windows XP support has ended .

As of April 8, 2014, support and updates for Windows XP are no longer available.

I would like to suggest you to update to windows 8 or 8.1 .

silverlight 5 isn't compatible with the windows xp by the way.

Silverlight 5 System Requirements:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Jonny_D Monday, November 10, 2014 5:52 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:47 AM