Creating polygon Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I'm trying to create image of a zip polygon, Does anybody know how to draw the ploygon in the fixed width and height image. 

thanks in advance

Monday, November 1, 2010 1:31 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Could you describe your problem a little clearer please... you're trying to draw a polygon in a zip file, or representing a U.S. zip code? (I assume the second). If so, do you already have the coordinates for this polygon? Are they stored in e.g. a SHP file, KML or in a SQL Server database?

Are you trying to plot the polygon using the AJAX or Silverlight map controls? Why do you want the image to be fixed width and height - i.e. if you zoom into the map don't you want the polygon to increase in size accordingly?

If you tell us a bit more about what you're trying to do, and what stage you're stuck at, we might be able to help you more.

Beginning Spatial with SQL Server http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218290
    Monday, November 1, 2010 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Could you describe your problem a little clearer please... you're trying to draw a polygon in a zip file, or representing a U.S. zip code? (I assume the second). If so, do you already have the coordinates for this polygon? Are they stored in e.g. a SHP file, KML or in a SQL Server database?

Are you trying to plot the polygon using the AJAX or Silverlight map controls? Why do you want the image to be fixed width and height - i.e. if you zoom into the map don't you want the polygon to increase in size accordingly?

If you tell us a bit more about what you're trying to do, and what stage you're stuck at, we might be able to help you more.

Beginning Spatial with SQL Server http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430218290
    Monday, November 1, 2010 7:38 AM
  • I apologize for giving less info on the problem.

I have US zip code polygon data stored in SQL server database as SQLGeography. I have WPF application that displays thumbnail of  zip and other related information.Now i need to create thumbnail image of the zip and display in WPF form. I have used nepix and nwpix to align in the map control.....Just wondering what would be the right solution for rendering polygon to image control from sqlgeography.

Monday, November 1, 2010 2:40 PM