none
Looking for a Sample of an Office Mail App Talking to SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have a working sample of an Office 2013 Mail App that can read and write to a SharePoint 2013 list? I have seen the Word samples, but I need my App to work in both Outlook and OWA.

Anyone?

Matthew McDermott, MVP SharePoint

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Matthew,

I haven’t found this sample.

As far as I know, Mail apps for Outlook calls the same app JavaScript API when running on the any of these hosts, we can Use the REST Interface from JavaScript to read and write to a SharePoint 2013 list.

Here are some articles for your reference:

Get started with the SharePoint 2013 REST service

Understanding and Using the SharePoint 2013 REST Interface

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:57 AM
  • That's why I am looking for a WORKING demo. As far as I can tell it should be the same. I have two apps that work, one SharePoint and one Office Mail. When I try to use the a third app, Office Mail App to call SharePoint though it appears that there are unresolved trust issues (maybe something undocumented about how trust is handled either by Exchange + Office Apps or SharePoint 2013).

All my test apps work until I try the same code in an Office Mail app.

Matthew

Matthew McDermott, MVP SharePoint

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

There are no peculiarities  that I can think of that would prevent the REST APIs from functioning fully.  What is the exact error you are seeing?  How are you handling authentication?  If you provided us with a manifest we could try to help you debug it.

-Wamwitha

Friday, October 25, 2013 9:21 PM