Installed App Package Bringing in Visual Studio Express 2013

Question

• Hello

I have a package built with Game Maker Studio with Windows 8. I done this package through creating a app in visual studio and getting all package information by submitting to store, create a package etc. Then using these information in Game Maker Studio, Global Game Setting. Then creating a app package bundle for store, target windows JavaScript, by create a app in game maker. My app is now running as well on my windows 8.1 Laptop, so i can use simulator, Windows App Certification Kit, etc. My main objective is now to recreate this package in Visual Studio Express 2013. Because of some of my requirement this package is not fulfilling.

I want to edit installed app all files in Visual Studio. So i can recreate app package.

It will like recreating app package but manifest file will not change, i am not worried about that too, because hold of that file in Visual Studio when created empty package.

I really want to edit CSS file of package. Also default js file.

Please can somebody give me hint how to recreate installed app package by bringing package in Visual Studio.

Thanks For Answering my question.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:38 AM

Answers

• Hi n ahmed,

If you have the appx package, replace the appx with zip and then you can find the package itself is a zip package.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by n ahmed Monday, January 19, 2015 2:34 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi n ahmed,

If you still keep the source file you can always modify it and upload to the store.

Or you can modify the UI, apply the CSS during runtime instead of modify at this moment, I would also like to why if there is any scenario make you want to do this.

Besides, personally I would not suggest you to modify the CSS or HTML, no one can ensure the app works fine without any problem after we modify the content.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, January 16, 2015 2:57 AM
  • Hello Dear

My question is in different scanrio, Game Maker software would not allow export to Visual Studio Express 2013 or any vs. I can not create css in it. So this is reason i want install app package modfication.

Thanks For Ansering My Question.

Friday, January 16, 2015 9:14 AM
  • Hi n ahmed,

If you have the appx package, replace the appx with zip and then you can find the package itself is a zip package.

--James

• Marked as answer by n ahmed Monday, January 19, 2015 2:34 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 12:37 PM