none
ReportViewer for R2 features running in local mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any information on when Microsoft will release a ReportViewer control that allows us to use Reporting Services R2 features while running reports in local mode?
    Monday, September 5, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

• Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview does contain the new ReportViewer control that will ship in the next release of VS. This version of the ReportViewer code is in sync with the Denali CTP3 release of SQL Server Reporting Services, so it does contain local mode support for the SQL Server 2008 R2 features (i.e. Map) as well as some features new to Denali (i.e. docx and xlsx support).

Matt M

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties

• Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Friday, October 7, 2011 9:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by DrBlack Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:52 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 9:00 PM

All replies

• I see ‘Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview’ is available, including a new ReportViewer control. Can’t find any info on new features for the ReportViewer however...
    Anyone know if this will support Reporting Services R2 features while running reports in local mode?
    Thanks

• Edited by DrBlack Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:48 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview does contain the new ReportViewer control that will ship in the next release of VS. This version of the ReportViewer code is in sync with the Denali CTP3 release of SQL Server Reporting Services, so it does contain local mode support for the SQL Server 2008 R2 features (i.e. Map) as well as some features new to Denali (i.e. docx and xlsx support).

Matt M

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties

• Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Friday, October 7, 2011 9:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by DrBlack Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:52 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Praise the lordy!!! Thanks for the update.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:52 AM