Database Mirroring - SQL 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• In replication i can go to Article properties and set "Do not replicate DELETE statements" for that publication. so even though i can delete in Publication that will not be replicated\deleted at Subcriber.

I want to do the same in Database Mirroring (Ent Edition) where i can delete in Principal but will not be deleted at MIRROR.

I think it is not possible as it is redoing all DML activities by sending a stream of active transaction log records to the mirror server.

I am still curious to know if it can be acheived.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:50 PM

Answers

• No you can't do the same in mirroring, and yes is quite close to send the log records to the mirror server

• Marked as answer by aaditya2000 Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:14 AM
  • Aditya,

This cannot be achived .Database Mirroring data changes are recorded in the transaction log before any changes to actual data pages are made. The log records are first placed in the principal database‘s log buffer in memory and then hardened to disk. Those transaction log records are copied to and replayed on the mirror server‘s database. Because the mirror database replays the principal's transaction log records, it duplicates the principal‘s database changes on the mirror‘s database.

-----------
    Thanks,Suhas V

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

• No you can't do the same in mirroring, and yes is quite close to send the log records to the mirror server

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:14 AM
  • Aditya,

This cannot be achived .Database Mirroring data changes are recorded in the transaction log before any changes to actual data pages are made. The log records are first placed in the principal database‘s log buffer in memory and then hardened to disk. Those transaction log records are copied to and replayed on the mirror server‘s database. Because the mirror database replays the principal's transaction log records, it duplicates the principal‘s database changes on the mirror‘s database.

-----------
    Thanks,Suhas V

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:12 AM