none
Is there a proper way to unplug kinect sensor after finished working on it? Or I can just unplug the USB cable and the power source? does it matter? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a proper way to unplug kinect sensor after finished working on it? Or I can just unplug the USB cable and the power source? does it matter?
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• you hopefully shouldn't have to unplug, if you do, let me know with some more details..... But, unplugging from the USB port will unload the drivers and release the device.
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:28 AM
  • what I mean is, if i'm done using the kinect. what is the proper way of removing it from my laptop so it will not result from some future malfunction? the power source first? or the USB port first? or no point at all whether who is the first to be removed?
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:09 AM
  • what I mean is, if i'm done using the kinect. what is the proper way of removing it from my laptop so it will not result from some future malfunction? the power source first? or the USB port first? or no point at all whether who is the first to be removed?
    I also want to konw that.But i think the proper step should be to kill software related to it on Windows.
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:01 AM
  • up up up. anyone knows?
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:46 AM
  • unplugging from the usb port is fine for the hardware

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:02 PM
  • I see. Thanks!
    Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:28 AM
  • you might as well find the USB manager at the taskbar. right click on it and find "Unplug Kinect Audio". click on it and you'll find the LED on your kinect sensor will switch off. Then you can safely pull off the cable from the usb port on your PC.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 1:46 AM