Interfaces for Search Error List Windows. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed the application as a plugin to visual studio. 

Now i want to implement the search filter in error list window. In search filter we have three options namely open documents, current project, current document. 

I want to provide the implementation for all the filter options.

For that i need interfaces to implement.

Could you please provide necessary details on this.

Regards,

Punitha

• Moved by Tina-Shi Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:24 AM the issue is related to the VSX
    Monday, April 13, 2015 8:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• What do you mean with Interfaces

1. A C# or VB Interface
    2. A User Interface

Success
    Cor

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:41 AM
  • C# interface.

We already developed our application using VSIP.

We need the interfaces of Visual Studio to implement the same in our application. We have got the GUI of error list window and filters of error list. But we need to implement function of filters.

Regrds,

Punitha

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:30 AM
  • Hi Punitha,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this issue is related to this VSX, so we will move this case to this VSX forum:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vsx , you will get better support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:23 AM
  • Hi Punitha,

Try ErrorListProvider, this thread should give you some helpful ideas:

How to add parsing errors to ErrorList window?

Also please read Carlos' article about the ErrorList:

HOWTO: Add an error with navigation to the Error List from a Visual Studio add-in

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:42 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Already we have implemented Error List and ErrorListProviders.

I just want to know the interfaces to implement Search filter in Error List. Even i have the filter button in error List in my application. But just need to look  implementation for search filter such as open documents, current project, current document. 

For that i need to know which interface would implement this functionality.

Regrds,

Punitha

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Hi Punitha,

I'm not quite sure, but you could try Ryan's suggestion in this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6ebe731b-301f-4b35-8e01-f024cc39d482/looking-to-add-a-filter-to-the-error-list-window?forum=vsx

To cast the SVsErrorList service to IVsTaskList2, then access the error list items, and try to filter the items as described in Carlos' article:

http://www.mztools.com/articles/2008/MZ2008014.aspx

• Marked as answer by Caillen Tuesday, April 21, 2015 3:34 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 9:22 AM