Cannot access my pen drive - The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Question

• Original title: Problem with Device Drivers

Hi Team,

i have installed win Developer in that i'm unable access my pendrive getting the error of "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

and in device manager m also getting "?" mark on Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator n "!" mark on Video Controller so please advice what can be done to resolve this issue.

Its really hampering my work because i'm unable to access my pendrive.

Regards,

Ashok Tiwari

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Team,

i have installed win Developer in that i'm unable access my pendrive getting the error of "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

and in device manager m also getting "?" mark on Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator n "!" mark on Video Controller so please advice what can be done to resolve this issue.

Its really hampering my work because i'm unable to access my pendrive.

Regards,

Ashok Tiwari

Ashok,

Try this link it may work for you http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/29898-Microsoft-Device-Association-Root-Enumerator-Driver-for-Windows-Developer-Preview as for the Video Controller you need to download and apply the appropriate VGA drivers. Run Windows Update and see if that picks up something. if not let us know what VGA card are you using.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert (IT Pro)

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:38 PM