High Performance in Mirror RRS feed

• Question

• In this mode, I get that it's asynchronous. Does that just mean it sends the TX over and what happens, happens? Do I at least know it hit the comms stack, or the wire or anything? Or just it will do its est. Thanks.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:30 AM

Answers

• You are referring to the mode when transaction safety is OFF. In this case, the principal sends the log to the mirror but does not wait for acknowledgement from the mirror. So Mirror can lag the Principal under heavy load. However, if mirror is down or if Principal is not receiving the response to the periodic ping (i.e. communication stack has a problem), the principal takes database offline.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:37 PM

All replies

• You are referring to the mode when transaction safety is OFF. In this case, the principal sends the log to the mirror but does not wait for acknowledgement from the mirror. So Mirror can lag the Principal under heavy load. However, if mirror is down or if Principal is not receiving the response to the periodic ping (i.e. communication stack has a problem), the principal takes database offline.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:37 PM
  • When you say 'the principal takes database offline' you mean the MIRROR right, not the Principal database which could still live and service TXs, right?
    Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:16 PM