none
VISUAL STUDIO ERROR

Question

• I am a new windows phone developer and currently I have started experiencing problems with my visual studio. I retargeted my windows phone 8.0 app to 8.1but started getting the error

"Error 1 Installation of the application failed. There are pending operations in the deployment queue. Wait until all the operations are complete and try again.
      0 0 ".Anyone with a solution to this please help.

Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:12 PM

All replies

• Your mentioned error may be occurred when you try to stop deployment due to long wait of finish . As I know Windows phone emulator does not work in Home basic OS version and also it requires Hyper-V supported system . check these prerequisites first then try again .

Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:38 PM
  • I am deploying my app to my windows phone device. At first it was working properly and the problem just started all of a sudden
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Hi GameHubInc,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Before helping you solve this issue, there are some clarifications with you, please try the following steps:

1. Create a brand new Windows phone 8.1 project.

2. Copy the source file and code to the new project.

3. Deploy it on the device to see if the error still occurs.

If the new project runs smoothly, the root cause maybe related to the previous project configuration, in this situation, how about share us your project, and I will help you move this thread to UWP forum for dedicated support.

Else, there might be something wrong with your VS, please go to control panel to repair your VS to see if it helps.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi GameHubInc,

What about this issue? Would you please let us know the latest information about this issue?

>>Error 1 Installation of the application failed. There are pending operations in the deployment queue. Wait until all the operations are complete and try again.

Since you change the target, I suggest you check the ProductID or create a new one as Lana Xu's suggestion.

Reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/e4d943b9-691a-4bbf-853a-18feb6b993b8/deployment-fail-either-the-application-is-not-installed-or-there-are-pending-installation?forum=wpdevelop

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:28 AM