none
How do I run Microsoft Expression web 4 without administrator privilege RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Microsoft Expression web 4 on the computer but I have to use it without administrator privilege. I have tried by giving full control to the Microsoft Expression web 4  for particular user still I could not run without administrator privilege.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:58 AM

All replies

• Expression Web interfaces with parts of your computer other than just its own executable.  It uses the asp.net framework and Windows Presentation Foundation, and runs a development server (if you use that feature).  If your computer requires "run as Admin" for all that to work, I'd be surprised if there is anything you can do about it.  Getting around it wouldn't be an EW answer, it would be an operating system work-around and would involve some security risk (such as: http://www.howtogeek.com/124087/how-to-create-a-shortcut-that-lets-a-standard-user-run-an-application-as-administrator/ ).

Why do you have to use it without administrator privilege?   (You can set a shortcut to the program to always "run as administrator", but doing that, the user still has to have privileges to do so.)

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - ASP.NET applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:18 PM
    Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:05 PM