none
Strange requests from Windwos Phone 7 mango RRS feed

• Question

• This is the request for the Inbox Folder:

<Sync xmlns="AirSync:">
        <Collections>
            <Collection>
                <SyncKey>{3d8af00f-f6ea-4a5e-877c-dd64e604ef53}3</SyncKey>
                <CollectionId>e15ad30b-9ed9-4759-809e-a363e12b2bcc</CollectionId>
            </Collection>
        </Collections>
    </Sync>

There is no tags Options and I don't know from witch date get the values and the mime support..
    Android, Nokia and Symbian always include the Options tag...

Is there a default value?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:49 AM

Answers

• Hi bastianonm, it looks like the client is using "sticky options" which is documented in MS-ASCMD section 2.2.3.107.5. Options is an optional element, it's not required. It also states that "The server preserves the Options block across requests, using a concept referred to as "sticky options". If the Options block is not included in a request, the previous Options block is used."

So, what you probably see in the Options block of the GetItemEstimate request is also being used in the Sync request.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question.  One of our engineers will look into this and follow up soon.

Thanks,

Edgar

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Hi bastianonm, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:32 PM
  • Thank you for reply, I don't know it will help you, the commands sequence is: FolderSync GetItemEstimate Sync
    Friday, October 14, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hi bastianonm, it looks like the client is using "sticky options" which is documented in MS-ASCMD section 2.2.3.107.5. Options is an optional element, it's not required. It also states that "The server preserves the Options block across requests, using a concept referred to as "sticky options". If the Options block is not included in a request, the previous Options block is used."

So, what you probably see in the Options block of the GetItemEstimate request is also being used in the Sync request.

Friday, October 14, 2011 8:36 PM