Exclusively own touch event like ScrollViewer

Question

• Hi,

I observed that system shows touch point trace (see attached picture below) on most UI elements. However, ScrollViewer eats touch event and no touch trace will show on the screen. I want an UI element can eats touch and not display touch trace like ScrollViewer. I tried to handle pointer events and set handled flag to true, but didn't work. Is there any way to do that?

I want to do this because ScrollViewer has a very good response time. Use touch to scroll items inside ScrollViewer, you can see them follow the finger very closely. However, when I tried to move a rectangle horizontally by handling PointerMove event, the rectangle is a little bit far away from my finger. So I want to do a little test to figure if disabling touch event delivery can get better performance.

Thanks.

This is touch point trace on most UI elements.

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is known issue of scrollview
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bingmapswindows8/thread/70ef965c-e5bf-42f8-8c56-080df7cbfa76/

You can submit this suggestion or feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback Center in formal format. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously and report to Product Group.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/

In your feedback, you can quote the URL to this thread, so that the whole conversation can be available. Every feedback submitted will be evaluated carefully by our engineers. They will let you know their comments further through that portal. It would be great if you can also paste the link to the submitted feedback here, so that other community members can see it as well.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Jesse. I know ScrollViewer eats all touch event and may block it child to get touch event. What I want to know is how to do the same thing for my control, to eat all touch and block touch trace displace on the screen?
    Friday, December 28, 2012 3:26 AM