how do I know which hyperlink is selected programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know how to get the selected work item in the result doc, but I have a difficulty in getting the selected hyperlink under Links if I have serveral of them. Any idea how I can do it?

Regards,

Haibin

Friday, August 31, 2007 7:17 AM

Answers

• Are you trying to do it using Addin or VSIP package? We do not have anything exposed to find selected links in linkscontrol, so I do not see a way for achieving this.

Friday, August 31, 2007 10:57 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to do it using Addin or VSIP package? We do not have anything exposed to find selected links in linkscontrol, so I do not see a way for achieving this.

Friday, August 31, 2007 10:57 PM
  • Haibin, just wondering as to why you want to do this? What scenario are you trying to implement? That would be helpful to know.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 3:01 AM
  • I have a custom tool window. Its contents are determined by the hyperlink. I need to know which hyperlink is selected so that I know what contents are used to fill the custom tool window.

Right now the solution I use is I pop out a dialog box which contains all the hyperlinks and let the user to select which hyperlink they want to use.

Regards,
    Haibin
    Friday, September 7, 2007 5:54 AM
  • Thanks Haibin. I would like to dig a little deeper on this, because it sounds intriguing.

Why do you want this functionality? What is the business problem you are trying to solve?

Friday, September 7, 2007 1:38 PM