No sleep option

Question

• Why would I not have the option to sleep in my x86 version of Windows 8 Developer Preview?
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Benjamin,

From Start Screen type Sleep and under Settings you should see the options for sleep, do you not see them anywhere or do you not see them when you are looking in a certain location?

Keith

Friday, September 16, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Also, tap the 'settings' charm, and then the 'power' button to access options for Sleep, Shut down, and Restart
    Friday, September 16, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Thanks, but it would seem after further exploration that Windows 8 can differentiate between a tablet and a laptop or desktop. I have no option for sleep. I can't even change settings for it in the control panel, but it would seem that on my tablet it treats the power button like one you might find on an android tablet or iPad. When ever I push it it shuts the device off, but it seems to do it in a hibernation sort of way in that. It shuts down quite quickly and when I push the power button again, it returns me to what I was doing. Its really neat!

It does actually shut it down though, because when I power it on again it goes through the bios start screen.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:11 PM