none
Intermittent Alert notification when documents are modified RRS feed

• Question

• Sharepoint Server 2007 (SP1)   Sharepoint 3.0
    We have alerts set up on one site which sends notification to everyone in our division when a new document is created or when an existing document is modified.  

We've tried setting up alerts to notify users of changes to other documents on other sites within Sharepoint.  We receive the initial notification that an alert has been created but then do not receive an alert when documents are modified.    Any idea what could possibly be causing this?   I've visited many, many internet web sites regarding Sharepoint issues and this seems to be quite common.  

I thought perhaps if I could find where the alert that is functional was created - then I could just duplicate that on another site.   Unfortunately, when I check the alerts on the site that is functional - - - I only see my name - not the group name it was created under. 
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:30 PM

All replies

• you may want to check what alerts you have set up?...is it for all changes, new content or changed content?..also what is the frequency of the alerts that have been set up?

When you create and alert, you may want to check the central administration for a timer job that should be created for an immediate alert. You may also want to check the immdsubscription table in SQL and see if there is an entry for you alert.

Also, check if your SMTP server is specified in te central administration.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:46 PM