How to convert PCM File format into .wav File Format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
              how to convert PCM file format into .Wav File format.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:33 AM

Answers

• PCM is a generic term.  What PCM file format do you mean?

Most WAV files use WAVE_FORMAT_PCM.  You would have to specify the differences between your PCM format and the standard WAVE_FORMAT_PCM to understand whatever conversion is necessary.

• Marked as answer by nobugz Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:59 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:04 PM

All replies

• PCM is a generic term.  What PCM file format do you mean?

Most WAV files use WAVE_FORMAT_PCM.  You would have to specify the differences between your PCM format and the standard WAVE_FORMAT_PCM to understand whatever conversion is necessary.

• Marked as answer by nobugz Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:59 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:04 PM
  • Hi Subashselvan,

Based on my understanding, if you want to convert PCM File format into .Wav File format, you just need to add a file header as this sentence:

WAVEFORMATEX *src;

For your reference, you can refer to this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/thread/9d31fede-8a45-43cf-9204-562a4f6af3a5

If I misunderstood you, or you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 11:11 AM
  • Hello Scott, 

could you explain differences between WAVE_FORMAT_PCM and Mp3 ? I want to send audio with mp3 format ? How can i convert that ? 

Thank in advance.....

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:22 PM
  • PCM is pulse Code Modulation, the simplest way to store sound. It is uncompressed.

MP3 is compressed and is similar to mp2 and AAC.

Saturday, April 28, 2018 10:23 AM