Waiting to be Processed (On Hold) & Waiting to be Processed (Ready to Launch) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Have some problems with the queue. It seems that none of the Reporting jobs are processing in our instance.

Interestingly, I have observed the following jobs with these statuses

The first one x 4

Timesheet

4/13/2011 8:45 AM

N/A

Internal (CBS Timesheet Rendezvous)

Waiting to be Processed (Ready for Launch)

0%

Project

4/13/2011 9:47 AM

N/A

OLAP Cube Build

Waiting to be Processed (On Hold)

50%

There are also alot of Reporting (Project Publish) and Reporting (Resource Sync) that are waiting to be processed.

Steps taken so far

• restarted sharepoint and project queue services on both servers in the farm.
    • cleared the system cache for WSS on both servers in the farm

We are running Project Server Sp2 + October CU

Any advice appreciated

Tks,

Shane

Shane...OH
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Shane,

3-4 hours is a long time for an OLAP cube build, unless you have 000's of projects. This indicates that the SQL server is performing badly, or that the databases need some maintenance.  Both issues could be the cause of your sleeping jobs.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:39 PM

All replies

• i would check the ULS logs for further information, and importantly, check that time on the SQL server is the same as the time on the application server(s).

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:11 PM
  • Hi Shane,

Restart the Application and SQL Server can help you now.

Regards, Sujit - MSTC
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Hi -

I killed the jobs above and restarted queue and timer services on both servers again.

After I restarted the Cube build and it processed successfully (although taking 3hr 37mins)

BTW - I did check the time sync on app/db/ssas servers and it was ok.

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Shane

Shane...OH
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Hi Shane,

3-4 hours is a long time for an OLAP cube build, unless you have 000's of projects. This indicates that the SQL server is performing badly, or that the databases need some maintenance.  Both issues could be the cause of your sleeping jobs.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:39 PM
  • Right Ben! - I'm going to examine in closer detail what is happening "under the hood" with this OLAP Build using this post

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2007/12/21/is-your-cube-build-slower-and-your-tempdb-larger-since-loading-sp1.aspx?PageIndex=2#comments

Shane...OH
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:58 PM