WebClient() HTTP POST without Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i've programmend a silverlight application that posts data via WebClient() and UploadStringAsync() to my php script.

I noticed now that if javascript is not enabled no data is send to my php script.

Is there any possibility so send an HTTP POST to my php script if javascript is not enabled?

I would wonder if somebody can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:44 AM

Answers

• Try to use HttpRequest. It's a bit tricky than WebClient, but that should work.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Well the last option to communicate with server from Silverlight 4 is to use Socket. But it's also warks in async way, like WebClient, or HttpReques, so I'm not sure, will it works without JS.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:54 AM

All replies

• Try to use HttpRequest. It's a bit tricky than WebClient, but that should work.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:02 AM
  • Thanks for the hint. I tried to use HttpWebRequest but unfortunately it doesn't work either if javascript is disabled. If it is enabled everything works fine. I'm looking for a solution that works even if javascript is disabled.

Any idea?

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:45 AM
  • Well the last option to communicate with server from Silverlight 4 is to use Socket. But it's also warks in async way, like WebClient, or HttpReques, so I'm not sure, will it works without JS.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:54 AM
  • I don't have any possibility to build a server socket, so this is not possible.

It seems to be that there is no solution to this.

Thank you for our help!

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:59 AM