none
Win2008 Certificate for a Client Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I want to get a Windows Server 2008 Certificate for my Application. My Application is a .net based tool to administrate special kinds of SQL Server tables. Now what kind of application is it? It has no real servercomponent ( it uses the SQL Server). It is a Clientapplication which is used on win2008 machines. Do I have to make every test which is listed in the testframework in order to get the win2008 certificate? Is it a problem to get the certificate when, like in my case, no servercomponent is available?

Thanks in advance

Markus Friedrich

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Markus

Thank you for your question.

We recommed the 'Certified for Windows Vista' Certification since your application is primarily a client application,

Program details can be found here: http://www.innovateon.com/product_vista.aspx

Thanks,

[Venkat]

www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:01 AM
  • Hello Venkat,

thank you for your quick answer.
    As I already mentioned, my application is used mostly on win2008 and win2003. But based on this fact, is there no way to get a certificate for either win2008 or win2003?
    Thank you very much

Markus

Sorry that I've got to push this thread, but I really got to know, whether it's possible to get a certificate for windows server 2008 or 2003 for my application.

Thank you very much
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:09 PM
  • *push*
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:45 PM