none
I created huge .mdf file via SQL Server 2008 R2 some weeks ago

Question

• I worked with database almost every day. Today time has come to relocate my data to new version of SQL Server. I installed SQL Server 2016 yesterday evening, in some hours I finished the process. Today it appeared a message: "SQL Server Table Corruption Error" - when opening .mdf. Only ten hours ago all was fine. I attempted to apply ms sql database repair utility from Internet, it didn't handle. I examined another .mdf file on new version of SQL, it worked well. I've no idea how to find way out from this trouble.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:13 AM

All replies

• Please run the following and post the full and complete output.
    DBCC ChecKDB('<database name>') WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS

Run it on the new serer database as well on the old one 

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:19 AM

• I worked with database almost every day. Today time has come to relocate my data to new version of SQL Server. I installed SQL Server 2016 yesterday evening, in some hours I finished the process. Today it appeared a message: "SQL Server Table Corruption Error" - when opening .mdf. Only ten hours ago all was fine. I attempted to apply ms sql database repair utility from Internet, it didn't handle. I examined another .mdf file on new version of SQL, it worked well. I've no idea how to find way out from this trouble.

Can you show me the error please. Can you run sp_readerrorlog in SQL Server 2016 and post the output here also what is the output of 

select name, state_desc from sys.databases

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:26 AM
  • SQL Server file corruption is almost always caused by hardware/driver problems.  I would suggest you check your hard drives and RAM for any issues.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 11:54 AM
    Answerer