How to show screen command bar at bottom in LightSwitch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to LS. I have one question.

Is it possible to show screen command bar at bottom on LS Screens.

I am working on LS Beta 2.
    • Edited by satish_p Friday, October 7, 2011 5:44 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• It could be done, but it would need a custom shell extension.

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

This will help people find the answers that they're looking for more quickly.

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:07 AM

All replies

• It could be done, but it would need a custom shell extension.

Yann

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Thanks yann,

I have VS 2010 Ultimate,VS 2010 SP1 SDK installed. I have also install LightSwitch Extensibilety installed.

But when i look into LightSwitch node in add new project, i coudnt find Lightswitch extensions or from project menu -> Add new Item ->  

i coudnt found Screen templates.

So can you tell me what should i do create extensions what i require to run extensions.

Friday, October 7, 2011 10:01 AM
  • 1. You have to create a LightSwitch Extension Library project, then add any extensibility items to that, you can't add them to an ordinary LightSwitch project.

2. You'll be looking for a SHELL template, not a screen template.

Walkthrough: Creating a Shell Extension

Yann

Friday, October 7, 2011 12:29 PM
  • I have gone through the link & create shell extension. But as i mentioned i m new to lightswitch, i dont know what to do.

So can u tell me which part i should change to display screen command bar at bottom

Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Hi Satish

If your are new to LightSwitch, creating Shell Extension is not a way that I could suggest you to follow as novice.

But, you can find more info about Extending Visual Studio LightSwitch.

If someone could tell you how to do it then probably he/she would publish that new extension rather than explaining whole process.

But if you want do play with process of extending capabilities of LightSwitch, some of the other helpfull links are:

LightSwitch Extensions Made Easy by Jan Van der Haegen

Visual Studio LightSwitch gallery for shells, extension, custom controls

Hope this help

Spaso Lazarevic

Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Thanks Spaso. 
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 6:27 PM