Is there a hard limit for the number of containers that can be created for a storage account blob service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am exploring the capabilities and limits of ADLS Gen1 and ALDS Gen2. Reading through this document I see limits for a number of blob storage components: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/scalability-targets. I am looking to see the limits of container creation for blob storage but I am unable to find documentation for this. Is there any documentations for limits on the number of containers that can be created for a blob storage account?

Best Regards, 

Terrell

Friday, April 17, 2020 8:51 PM

Answers

• @Terrell MackFirstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.  

No, there's no limit on the number of storage containers in a storage account.

The limit is 250 accounts per subscription per region. So, one subscription could have 250 storage accounts in 7 different regions.

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, April 20, 2020 11:33 AM

All replies

• @Terrell MackFirstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.  

No, there's no limit on the number of storage containers in a storage account.

The limit is 250 accounts per subscription per region. So, one subscription could have 250 storage accounts in 7 different regions.

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, April 20, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Thanks Sumanth! Your answer is very helpful 
    Monday, April 20, 2020 1:26 PM