none
Intel Topcliff PCH Eboot issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Intel_CS_2.5_gold BSP (Intel Topcliff PCH). The Eboot.bin is working fine in Intel CRB, i.e, i am able to download the image through Ethernet and got the debug message using KITL. But the same eboot.bin is not working in our own designed board (using same MAC and PHY).

Below are the results of my debugging,

1. After OEM_ETH_SEND_FRAME, the transmit dma complete interrupt is set. and there is no error/warning msg is displayed in eboot debug messages.

2. Windows 7 Ethernet is working fine in the same board (i.e., our board). So we can't get any conclusion that the our board ethernet h/w is wrong.

If anybody having ideas, pls let me know.

Regards,

D.

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• You need more information (or provide us more detail) on what is going wrong.  You said the transmit dma complete interrupt is set - does anything make it out on the wire? 

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Are you testing your board in the exact same network environment as the dev kit?  If not, you should becuase it will help determine if the problem is with your board or your network.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Hi Bruce and Dean,

Thanks for your reply.

>>Are you testing your board in the exact same network environment as the dev kit?

Both are in same network environment. I have set the static IP and subnet mask as follows,

IP: 10.1.1.1 and Sub: 255.255.255.0       (WinCE IDE PC)

IP: 10.1.1.2 and Sub: 255.255.255.0       (our Device and dev kit)

Regards,

D.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Did you remember to set the Target device boot name in Platform Builder's Ethernet Download Settings dialog box (Target->Conectivity Options, Kernel Service Map, Download Settings) to the name of your board?  Do you see your board's name appear in the "Active target devices" listbox?

Tom Gensel PTG Systems, LLC
    http://www.ptgsystems.com
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Hi GENSEL,

THANKS FOR UR REPLY.

MY DEVICE NAME IS NOT DISPLAYED IN ACTIVE TARGET DEVICES LISTBOX. THE RESON IS  BOOTME MSG IS NOT SENT OUT FOR SOME RESON (BUT I AM GETTING DMA TX COMP INTR). THE SAME EBOOT CODE IS WORKING IN INTEL CRB AND THE DEVICE NAME IS LISTED IN LIST BOX.

REGARDS,

D.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:01 AM