none
Installer runs under System. How to run installed application under current user account? RRS feed

• Question

• Subject is a question... Anyone knows?
    лучше молчать и прослыть глупцом, чем сказать и подтвердить это
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Valera.com.ua,

Thank you for your clarification. Now I can understand your issue better.

I searched the Internet and found that you can try starting a new process with a different account than the parent process.
    Please see: http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/archive/2005/12/02/startprocessasuser.aspx
    I hope this can be helpful.

BTW, this forum is meant for questions regarding .NET Framework installation. If you have any further concern, I think the best consulting place should be ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects  forums since your issue is related to deployment. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:50 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Valera.com.ua,

More clarification with you. What kind of installer do you mean? The installer package of your application or others?

As far as I know, if one installer runs as Administrator account like .NET Framework installer, the installer will add or update some files in System Drive. For user account, it has not enough permission to access System folder.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:00 AM
  • Hi!

I mean installer of my application. It's a deployment project which I've created in Visual Studio 2008.
    The problem is that I need to run my application when installation is finished and if I use custom actiom it starts under System account, but in the application I need access to current user folders.

During installation I copy installation files to Program Files folder only. Can I somehow configure installer to run installation as current user? Or may be there is a way to run a process as user?

лучше молчать и прослыть глупцом, чем сказать и подтвердить это
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:18 AM
  • Hi Valera.com.ua,

Thank you for your clarification. Now I can understand your issue better.

I searched the Internet and found that you can try starting a new process with a different account than the parent process.
    Please see: http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl/archive/2005/12/02/startprocessasuser.aspx
    I hope this can be helpful.

BTW, this forum is meant for questions regarding .NET Framework installation. If you have any further concern, I think the best consulting place should be ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects  forums since your issue is related to deployment. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:50 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 2:59 AM