CreateFailoverCluster stuck at Enable-ClusterS2D RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

On my installation the cluster seem to never fish to mount.

The createfailovercluster logs always end at:

[20160725-09:59:20][CLF02-MAS16][CreateFailoverCluster.ps1]

[20160725-09:59:20][CLF02-MAS16][CreateFailoverCluster.ps1] Enable 

StorageSpacesDirect

Ensuring that all nodes support S2D

Querying storage information

Sorted disk types present (fast to slow): HDD. Number of types present: 1

Nothing ever happen after and the installation script fail.

It tries again and again to create the same cluster but seem to never wait this part to end correctly before continuing.

Have someone any advice?

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

• Edited by Timil Monday, July 25, 2016 5:10 PM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hello

The cluster task was just broken.

I've commented all the workload of the script and restarted the deployment script.

As the cluster itself is well build at the end of the script, including the Enable-clusters2d line (as the storage was correctly mounted in the cluster) the installation proceed with the next step without any issue.

For me it's a bug in the process : Enable-ClusterS2D did not return in a timely manner or with the expected code, but the creation process was fully okay.

Thanks.

PS: my hardware is fully qualified and the cluster is working.

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

• Marked as answer by Timil Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Timil,

Thank you for posting here!

Before you create a cluster, you must carry out tasks such as connecting the hardware and validating the hardware configuration. Please verify you have followed the  Checklist: Create a Failover Cluster.

Regards,

Pradeep

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hello

The cluster task was just broken.

I've commented all the workload of the script and restarted the deployment script.

As the cluster itself is well build at the end of the script, including the Enable-clusters2d line (as the storage was correctly mounted in the cluster) the installation proceed with the next step without any issue.

For me it's a bug in the process : Enable-ClusterS2D did not return in a timely manner or with the expected code, but the creation process was fully okay.

Thanks.

PS: my hardware is fully qualified and the cluster is working.

• Marked as answer by Timil Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:57 AM