none
VS 2015 shell edition and VS 2017 Ent edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

- Install VS 2015 shell edition-Integrated (free version to develop SSIS packages for data load/ETL)

- Install VS 2017 Enterprise edition-Isolated (user specific license for performance test)

Will it create any conflicts if we install above two versions on same machine? We have only one user to use VS 2017 Ent edition and we have multiple users to use VS 2015 shell edition. The above plan suggested our team to reduce the license cost...

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:34 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>Will it create any conflicts if we install above two versions on same machine? 

Don't worry, you can install multiple versions of Visual studio side by side. And I suggest you install the VS2015 first, then install VS2017. Just as recommended in official document:

You can install Visual Studio on a computer that has an earlier or later version of Visual Studio already installed.

And they won't create conflicts during development progress if the installation were successful. (For me, I have VS2015,2017,2019 in one machine and it works well)

In addition: Since the VS2015 shell is a free version, I recommend you use the account which purchases the VS 2017 Enterprise edition to sign in the free VS2015 version. In your machine, sign in those two VS versions with same account to avoid some issues like this.

Hope it helps. Any feedback would be expected.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:00 AM