localization problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1230587063 posted

Hi All,

I used datalist to dispaly arabic data from database which contain arabic worlds ,,,thats ok if I run the source on my pc,but if I put on server and run on client I get rubbish data???!!!

could any one help me please

Regards

khalid

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:32 AM

All replies

• User-691759321 posted

Does the client PC have all the necessary installed language files?  Certain languages required special character sets to be installed on the machine to view properly.  Localization of application usually depends on the server or clients having those languages installed to be viewed or the usually show up as squares or weird characters.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:48 AM
  • User-1011137159 posted

That is because of client machine have not installed all supported languges.

Please check it by below ways. Internet Option > General Tab > Click On "Languages" > Click on add button >  verify all supported languages are available or not.

Please mark as answer if this helps

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:56 AM
  • User1230587063 posted

I have tried but still I get rubbish when I run it remotely!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:04 AM
  • User-691759321 posted

Since it sounds like your running the web application on a server which simply uses a database for data then the server needs the languages so it can populate the data controls.  The client will most likely not need them.  In the case where you had hard coded language specific translation then the client viewing the page would need them.  It is all based on how you handle the localization.  In your case you are not actually using the built-in localization features so the server is responsible for all translations.  The reason you see them locally is that your computer is the server in the case of debugging and local testing and it has the language files.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:39 AM
  • User1230587063 posted

Hi ,

so how can I solve this problem?!!!!!

Saturday, March 5, 2011 3:59 AM