none
[MS-DRSR] Where is the duplicate object functionality described ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Another question: can you pinpoint to me where the duplicate object functionality is described in MS-DRSR ?

Indeed, when an object is created at both DC  before they do a replication, there is a conflict solved by renaming one of the 2 objects.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/15435.active-directory-duplicate-object-name-resolution.aspx

I'm asking the question because I'm experiencing an undocumented behavior:

when pushing in DrsGetNCChange an object having an existing Distinguished name and the attribute whenCreated, I'm getting an error about the fact that the object already exist. I suppose that in this case, I should apply some algorithm to rename the object and push a changed DN.

But I did not see anything in the documentation about that.

regards,

Vincent LE TOUX

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:12 PM

Answers

• UPDATE PROVIDED 9/21/2017

[MS-DRSR] section 4.1.10.6.12 ResolveNameConflict describes the handling of conflict.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hello Vincent:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have created an incident for investigating this issue. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Thanks

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:27 PM
  • Hello Vincent, I will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:27 PM
  • UPDATE PROVIDED 9/21/2017

[MS-DRSR] section 4.1.10.6.12 ResolveNameConflict describes the handling of conflict.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:33 PM