none
Access Application will not display shortcut menus in forms when powered by Access Runtime RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created an application in Microsoft Access 2016. An FE>BE application using forms with embedded code and macros so that I can save it to accde format to preserve security.

The Application was originally built in Access 2007 and converted to Access 2016 when I upgraded MS Office

I have ticked the box to show shortcut menus and left the show full menus and ribbon name blank.

When I run the application on a windows 10 machine powered by MS Access Runtime the code to hide the ribbon is ignored and shortcut menus (from right click) do not display.

This occurs in both the accde and accdb versions of the application when powered by Access Runtime.

This does not happen when using the full development version of MS Access to power the application.

I originally had all the forms as 'pop up' but now have set them to normal so the are enclosed in the Access window which should allow shortcut menus to display

I have installed 2007, 2016 and 365 Runtime editions ((Sequentially) ie uninstalling one before trying the other with no resolution.

Access Runtime appears to be ignoring the code and the settings for the application

Can anyone please advise me how to  resolve this problem so I can display shortcut menus when powered by Access Runtime

Cheers-Rob

Cheers Rob

Sunday, August 4, 2019 3:53 PM

Answers

• That is by design. I have no idea why MSFT chose to do this, but there you have it.

You can get them back by creating your own. There are several ways to do that, including:

* Use macro commands such as AddMenu and RunMenuCommand

* Use a tool such as this: http://dev-soln.com/access-shortcut-right-click-tool/

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by Rob U Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:34 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

Considering the issue is mainly related to running code in Access Runtime, to help you better resolve the issue, I will move the thread to Access for Developers Forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, August 5, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Thank you Herb

Cheers Rob

Monday, August 5, 2019 7:19 AM
  • That is by design. I have no idea why MSFT chose to do this, but there you have it.

You can get them back by creating your own. There are several ways to do that, including:

* Use macro commands such as AddMenu and RunMenuCommand

* Use a tool such as this: http://dev-soln.com/access-shortcut-right-click-tool/

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by Rob U Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:34 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 1:54 PM
  • Thank you Tom

Note for the moderators

I will test Tom's suggestions and, if they work, I will come back to this thread and mark Toms response as an answer please don't close this thread until I get back. It may take me a week or so.

Cheers Rob

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:46 PM
  • Thank You very much Tom

I downloaded the Shortcut menu creation tool created by Dale Fye from http://dev-soln.com/access-shortcut-right-click-tool/ as you suggested and it works perfectly. It makes a long winded text based process into an easy graphical process. I am very impressed. I'm trying to make a contribution to him

Cheers Rob

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:34 PM
  • Hi Rob and Tom

I have also downloaded AST (Access Shortcut Tool) from dev-soln,com. And it works great!

I had an issue but Dale Fye helped me "next business day".

There is a donate link on dev-soln.com. Click it to give the contribution. I did :-)

Cheers // Peter Forss Stockholm

Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:42 AM