none
The Software request MS Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have one system that will request MS Excel to generate some xlsx file.
    but unfortunately I don't have MS Excel and actually, I cannot install Ms Office.
    How can I get this work and without install MS Excel?

Saturday, June 22, 2019 6:18 PM

All replies

• I found that it was Office 365 issue because the 365 version is run as a cloud server so without local library Excel.Application.
    HOW TO GET Excel.Application IN LOCAL?
    Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:20 PM
  • Hi LouisC27, 

Thank you for posting here.

Based on your description, I find that you may need to use Third-party libraries to make it work.

Unfortunately we don't provide support for third party products in the forums ,so questions specifically related to using the third party API you'll need to post in their forums.

Besides, I have found a reference:

How to create Excel (.XLS and .XLSX) file in C# without installing Ms Office?

I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi Xingyu Zhao,

Thank you for your reply

let me explain the detail situation  we purchased an existing system (we have no source code)
    normally that system can generate excel report. that base on Excel is installed in that local PC. 
    But the problem is we have some user is using office 365 version that is cloud application without a local library/File "excel.application" so our system cannot generate the excel report.

Can you provide some solution/suggest?

if no any support for third-party products I just want to confirm we cannot do anything.

• Edited by LouisC27 Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:35 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:24 PM
  • Hi LouisC27, 

Thanks for the feedback.

For your question, I suggest you can start a new conversation in the Office 365 group for better help.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes and all the other Microsoft libraries.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:29 AM