none
How to send mails with reminder for adressees? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I already invested some effort (including searching in different places) in finding out how to send mails via vb.net with following properties

• Flag "Flag for me" set
    • Date "Start date" = 08.10.2015
    • Date "Due date" = 15.10.2015
    • Flag "Reminder" set, Date = 14.10.2015, Time= 16:00 Uhr
    • Flag "Flag for recipients" set
    • Flag to = "Follow up"
    • Flag "Reminder" (in lower area of this window) set
    • Date = 13.10.2015, Time= 12:00 Uhr

What I did up to now:

With olMailItem
       .FlagRequest = "Follow up"
       .ReminderSet = True
       .ReminderTime = dDueDate
    End With

With this the last three points of the list above work, but then...

I can't find the other properties of the MailItem object for the other points.

Does anyone have a good idea?

Thanks a lot in advance and best reards,

Markus

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:45 AM

Answers

• You cannot do that - imagine how much the spammers would love that: just send a message, and Outlook will popup a reminder for you. The only way to do something similar is to send s meeting request - Outlook will create a tentative appointment in the Calendar folder when it sees a meeting request in the Inbox.   

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Hi Markus,

As Dmitry stated, we are not able to send an message with reminder in Outlook. As a workaround, we can assign a task to otheres.

You can get more deatil about this topic from link below:
    Create and track assigned tasks

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This question is better suited for Outlook for Developer's forum and if you like myself or another moderator can move your question there.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.
    Microsoft Developer tools
    Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 video series

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:10 AM
  • Perhaps this article will help, it is a list of all MailItem Properties.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Thanks, but I checked this already with no success. None of these properties seems to do what I need... Or I am blind and don't see the woods because of all the trees...
    Monday, October 26, 2015 1:50 PM
  • If you think that might help then it would be great if you moved this question into another forum where it might fit better.
    Monday, October 26, 2015 1:52 PM
  • If you think that might help then it would be great if you moved this question into another forum where it might fit better.
    I am moving your question to the Outlook for Developers forum since it has been several days since you have asked this question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.
    Microsoft Developer tools
    Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 video series

Monday, October 26, 2015 10:47 PM
  • You cannot do that - imagine how much the spammers would love that: just send a message, and Outlook will popup a reminder for you. The only way to do something similar is to send s meeting request - Outlook will create a tentative appointment in the Calendar folder when it sees a meeting request in the Inbox.   

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Hi Markus,

As Dmitry stated, we are not able to send an message with reminder in Outlook. As a workaround, we can assign a task to otheres.

You can get more deatil about this topic from link below:
    Create and track assigned tasks

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 3:09 AM